Business rules engine
Process Director’s condition builder and encapsulated business rules offer you the ability to build workflow processes that are highly dynamic, assigning tasks and choosing process paths based on process data, external conditions, and user activities.
We love the simplicity of the system. The actual form has not changed much. You now complete it online. It still captures all the same information. Crucially, the quality of submitted requests has improved as certain fields are auto-filled, calculated automatically or contain rules such as a mandatory field or display a warning if certain conditions are not met. We’ve made the process tighter and more consistentNick Taylor, Finance Director, Millennium and Copthorne Hotels Plc
The condition builder uses a simple point-and-click graphical user interface, enabling you to create complex conditions quickly. Process Director’s business rules engine offers a way to encapsulate these conditions in named, reusable objects that can be utilised in any number of forms and workflow processes.
- Business users can modify rules easily without the need for IT involvement
- Rule definitions are reusable
- Business rules are seamlessly integrated into eForms, process automation and reporting functions
- Changes to business rules take effect immediately on running processes
- Provides a rules-based evaluation of activities and workflow tasks
- Allows users to define exceptions to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Increase accuracy of data and processes: the rules engine allows your business policies to be defined and automated
- Ensure consistency of regulations: reusable rules can be used by various objects to ensure that a policy is consistent across multiple processes
- Allow decision making rules to be easily understood: with the graphical rules interface, your rules are easy to read and report on so you know how your processes are configured to behave
Schedule your demo
If you want to learn more about the business rules engine (BRE) in BP Logix Process Director, or wish to book a demonstration, please complete the form below: